Search This Blog

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Quinquennial, Part 7 Released!

As you may have noticed, there was a more than a slight delay between parts. This was due to the combination of the following:

  • An episode of the dread Creator's Block
  • Starbound's 1.0 Release
  • A family get-together from August 1-today
Thankfully, all that has passed, and I'm ready to continue Quinquennial! In this part, we'll be returning to Earth and seeing what happens when Jercy remembers how the humans wantonly colonized his homeworld of Epindol...

The Quinquennial logo, here hovering in low-Earth orbit.
I wonder if anyone notices?

A Terran lady with flaily arms panics at the chaos going on
around her.

Hannah, Zeerois, and Cannabeth return from the depths of obscurity
to make dumblydum/Aardvark123 happy.

*insert something about the Circle of Life and The Lion King
and etc. etc.*

Commentary: We start off the best stage of them all: the Space Stage! I decided to start it off with our very first mission, where we went to Earth and oddly launched an attack for no good reason. I decided to go back to this for a few reasons:

  1. Firstly, I felt Jercy needed a bit of a motive to attack Earth, and I decided to reveal that motive. 
  2. Secondly, eme12 indirectly made me realize that we were skipping a lot of time when important stuff actually happened. Although we barely talk now and it's my series and I can do what I want (heh heh) I do feel a lot happened in the Space Stage (there wasn't much to the Solar Stage anyways), and while I don't wanna show every little thing (since that would be pointless), I do want to revisit some of the more significant events, such as the very first mission and how it made the galaxy really aware of the Kleekoonanonis.
  3. Thirdly, it allows me to continue bashing my past self and his stupid use of Artemis Fowl references. Thankfully, 2012 saw those began to decline in number and blatancy, starting with the original adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment