Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Quinquennial Epilogue Released!

Yes, the madness is finally coming to an end after two straight months of flashbacks and nostalgia. It's been a fun little journey, seeing my headcanon finally coming to life and revisiting old characters and places, but all good things must come to an end and I have some more ideas for STNL².

Anyways, this epilogue essentially serves to wrap up Quinquennial and transition us back into the normal series as well as a new story arc. However, lemme just say right now that I take one last opportunity to bash my past self and his incessant Artemis Fowl references...
The Quinquennial logo for the last time, here hovering above Space
Vancouver.

NO... NO... NOOOOOOOO!!

The fact that Belati is so easily terrified means whatever is coming
is horrifying indeed...

RANDOMOSITY HERBERT DOES NOT WANT

Commentary: In case you're wondering, the epilogue takes place after Jercy has been revived, since showing it in the Afterlife would've been boring and superfluous (literally it would've been like just Deathpool saying "Okay, that's it, you can leave now" and Jercy walking into a portal to return to reality), so I used Occam's Razor to trim it down to Jercy waking up.
As you may have figured out, the returning menace is indeed Holly Short. Thankfully, she's still definitively been purged from the Revolution Universe, and her appearance in this part is due to Rando'Moss'Iti meddling. Honestly, I have no real good explanation for her return in this part (much like how I have no honest idea of why I promoted her to Gavalantarus Empress in Stratagem), but at least Rando'Moss'Itis are excellent plot devices in that you can explain anything away with them. Holly Short? RANDOMNESS. Giant cows eating tepees? RANDOMNESS.
Heck, what if they're the reason Holly Short and her fairy friends appeared in STNL to begin with?! (cue X-Files theme song)

Actually, now that I think about it, a certain dumblydum is to blame for the Artemis Fowl/STNL crossover madness. See, Holly Short made a cameo appearance during Lives of the Toriin, and since I was into both Artemis Fowl and that series at the time, I was like "Well, if it worked for dumblydum, then certainly it can work for me, right?" As it turned out, it didn't work for me at all.

In other news, tomorrow there's supposed to be some Spore.com maintenance for "a few hours" (on the same day I start school, incidentally), so I'm putting this out just in case things take longer than expected. Even if that does happen, hopefully it'll just be less than a week before things get back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment