Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2016

Quinquennial, Part 12 Released!

For the last part of Quinquennial proper, I decided to mash the fast-forward button to the interim between STNL: Journey's End and STNL²: Stratagem and showcase what led to a young girl named Khrelan Galagat turning against her Gavalantarus bosses and warning Jercy of their reconquest of the galaxy.

Note that as I mentioned earlier, this will be the last flashback part of Quinquennial. Next part will be an epilogue that helps us transition back into STNL proper. But for now, let's talk Khrelan!

The Quinquennial logo, here hovering amongst several Gavalantari.
(BONUS: Can you spot Jercy in disguise?)

The ruined surface of Sotis, which of course become even more ruined
during the events of Bloodlust.

Wait, who the heck is this Gavalantarus? All I know is
those wings should be one someone else's back.

The Gavalantari don't take too kindly to dissidents, which makes you
wonder why they didn't kill Khrelan when she came back. Oh wait...
SHE CAN NEVER FREAKIN' DIE.
Commentary: As mentioned, for the last part of Quinquennial, we see Khrelan go against her Gavalantarus overlords and warn Jercy while he's vacationing on Risa Asir, thus setting the plot of Stratagem into motion. We also get a look into Khrelan's head (does she have one, given her unique nature?) and see what she was like during her days as a shy minion of the Gavalantari.

If you remember Stratagem, then you'll remember my stupid idea to make Holly Short lead the Gavalantari. Honestly, there was no good reason for it and the plot still makes sense without her. But fear not, for I have rectified my mistake and atoned for my sins by doing just that! I decided to replace Holly with a new character called The Architectress, a female Gavalantarus who was born wingless and wears a set of mechanical ones to compensate. (Trust me, one of these days I'm going to remake Stratagem without Holly Short/Artemis Fowl references just to prove my point).

So yes, really this part was to allow my bashing of my past self and his obsession with Artemis Fowl to culminate in the final, final purging of Holly Short from the STNL/SR canon. In fact, this entire special was merely a ploy to get rid of her forever, with the flashbacks and all just being filler!

No comments:

Post a Comment