Search This Blog

Monday, July 4, 2016

Quinquennial, Part 1 Released!

The 5th anniversary special begins with Jercy's entrance into the Afterlife (following the production of a Michael Bay movie), where he runs into two old friends and sets the barely-existent plot of this special into motion...

Also, I'm sorry this was a delayed a bit. I had a get-together with a bunch of my family members on July 2nd so I was AFK, as they say. But I hope you enjoy!

The logo. Sadly, the format of the template used
prohibited me from having free reign with the camera...
What, were you expecting angels with lyres? Too bad!

She looks familiar...

...and so does he...
So, yes, this special is all about Jercy, Shadow, and Zawnty looking back at the 5 years of the series' history. I know it's not much of a plot and it's much "quieter" than the other specials, but I think having Spore the Next Level go on in some form or another for 5 years is a momentous occasion that deserves a special of its own. In each flashback's release post, I'll post little things on the history of the series and how I got the idea for each part.

The only thing for this part really is that I chose to go to the Afterlife, introduced in eme12's adventures back in 2011, so I could reintroduce the long-running characters of Shadow and Zawnty who were last used (or abused) in fungus3's Search for the Lost Worlds; and I used it to set up a time travel plot that wouldn't harm continuity with time paradoxes. It's a bit like It's a Wonderful Life or A Christmas Carol in that respect, albeit celebrating STNL's past instead of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment