Search This Blog

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Well, Here's Your Problem!

Ladies and gentlemen, I've made an astonishing discovery: I have finally figured out the source of all (actually, most of) the continuity problems plaguing the Revolution Universe! And what is that problem, you may ask? 

The answer: WORLD OF EVOLUTIONCRAFT.

Please lower your torches and pitchforks and think about it for a bit!
Not thinking? Then read this:
  • Recently, eme12's been PO'd that fungus3's explanation of Spode contradicts his. Well, guess which series Spode mostly appears in and was introduced in? World of Evolutioncraft!
  • Which series has had more universe-threatening plots (and other-series-ruining-plots) than any other? World of Evolutioncraft again!
  • In which series has fungus3 made the most efforts to explain the Mysterious Aliens and annoy eme12? You guessed it, World of Evolutioncraft!
  • World of Evolutioncraft made an explicit connection to the SR infection and the Eftievirus, which also infuriated eme12.
  • It was in World of Evolutioncraft that fungus3 kept trying to destroy Hatred and have her leave Zeta Omega, and interfere with STNL: Journey's End.
  • This is just all I can think of off the top of my head. There are countless more.

Problem Solution Destroy

No, this part is not about why World of Evolutioncraft should be cancelled. It's about what fungus3 can do to change the series in the future. And, of course, a lot of other series are responsible for causing continuity problems.
So, here are some solutions fungus3 can use to improve WoEC (yes, that's my official abbreviation):
  1. Ask eme12 and williezk before putting ruining material into World of Evolutioncraft.
  2. Avoid large-scale plots that affect the entire SR-universe like Deuum De Amoeba.
  3. Put in foes that don't need Mega Evolution/ boss battles to defeat (not necessarily a continuity issue; just a personal gripe. Seriously, boss battles get repetitive and should be used in moderation).
  4. Make more parts about exploration like I do with STNL².
  5. Ask eme12/williezk about backstories for various things.

My Two Cents

Now that you've read about what fungus3 can/should do, here's the part where I discuss what I do. I've decided to take a more lasseiz-faire approach regarding WOEC, and I'll probably ignore it mostly. That doesn't really mean altering timelines necessarily, but it means I'll put in less material from WOEC in STNL² to avoid exacerbating my problems.

Questions? Concerns? Feel free to add your opinions in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment