Search This Blog

Monday, September 1, 2014

SporeWiki + Spore Revolution = EPIC FAILURE

Once again, fungus3 has done something awful (I know it isn't him, but I just want one person to blame it on). This time, he's actually suggested merging the Spore Revolution universe (where most of my series take place, along with eme12's and fungus3's) with the SporeWiki fanfic universe.

I'm opposed to this for several reasons, but here are my main gripes.

  1. Continuity: Let's face it, we can barely make good crossovers with other SR series. Just look at the last few parts of STNL² and The Spore Project for proof; and a crossover with the SW universe would be ten time worse. Plus, I don't know a whole lot about the SW universe (I did, once, but my brain fortunately got rid of those memories).
  2. Interactive vs. Non-Interactive: SR is totally different from SW in that it's interactive, allowing users to vote on the adventures and see what happens next. By contrast, SW (in my mind) is just where different users use races to their will. It's not the best analogy, but it's the only one I could think of.
  3. My Precious: I always thought of the SR-verse as "ours", and what makes it great is that not a lot of people are involved with it; allowing easy communication. On the other hand, SW is made up with lost more different users who probably don't share the same views on what they can and can't do.
These are just my two cents (or three) cents on the issue. Fortunately, it may not happen; and I can find a way to deal with it if it does. Maybe I could split the SR-SW crossover into a different universe and leave the old one intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment