Search This Blog

Sunday, May 18, 2014

"LAHLIA" Explained

In the expanse of the galaxy, there is a word that sends shivers down the spines/carapaces of those who hear it:
"LAHLIA"

But what is it? I'm glad you asked...

Not So Long Ago, In a Galaxy Very Close...


Planet Earth. This is where it all began.

Anyways, about a month or so ago, I was perusing my school library's shelves for a book to read when I had nothing else to do during class. So, I searched for the right book to satisfy my cravings. 

I eventually settled on this book.
This is the basic plot of the book: In a rural Minnesota town named Hopewell, a boy named Tucker Feye watches his dad disappear into a strange wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey portal on his roof, only to exit about an hour later with a strange blond girl named, you guessed it: LAHLIA!! Then they go on all sorts of crazy adventures throughout space and time.

As a Dr. Who fan, I was enthralled by the book (in fact, the author, Pete Hautman, has admitted the plot was inspired by Doctor Who!). So, when the first book ended, I read the second book, The Cydonian Pyramid, which mainly focuses on Lahlia (SPOILER: Her real name is just Lia). But all good things must come to an end, and the Klaatu Diskos Trilogy is no exception. About a week ago, I finished the last book, The Klaatu Terminus. (No spoilers for you on any of these books; I encourage you to read them yourself. You can find them on Google Play).

Seeping In

Undoubtedly, my favorite character in this temporal mess was Lahlia. Thus, I decided to spread her name across the Revolution Universe like "Bad Wolf". At first, it was with the "FORM A GROUP" curse, but I decided to have it take on a much more significant role as the password to summon Max-Σ-821, a sentient Dweeble hologram, and as part of Gloria's computer virus in parts 14A and 13B, respectively.

So, that's that. I leave you with this wonderfully drawn fan-art that I sent off to the author, Pete Hautman*:

This needs to go in the Louvre, don't ya think?


*UPDATE: Mr. Hautman has seen the picture, and he called it "great". Needless to say, I got a swelled head. :-P

1 comment:

  1. I say, what ho. This is Fungus3. And Now I have all the reason to know what the BAD WOLF is Lahlia.

    LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO LAHLIA YOLO

    Oh, and YOLO's back O-o

    ReplyDelete